Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Ah come to think of it, school is starting.
I so very much dread 10 Jan.
And I can never get used to writing this year as 2005.

Something to blog about the previous 2 days.

2 Jan 2005 (Sun)

Doing work at the National Stadium for the Tiger Cup Semi Finals - Singapore Vs Myanmar 2nd leg.
My job basically comprises of distributing the "Official die-hard Lions fan" which features a hilarious caption "Roar Lions Roar" tee at the redemption counter.
As it was raining cats and dogs, I was expecting a low turnout and thus a slack day(which means good news) since I wasn't the type of fan who would want to brave the rain for a Singapore match.
And I was surprised. Many fans came as early as 12pm, when the tickets started its sale and when the rain didn't look like it would let up anytime soon.
By 4pm, we were SO busy we didn't even notice the time until 8pm, when the majority of the crowd streamed into the stadium for the match.

It was nice to see the support of fellow Singaporeans for our national team.
I always thought that the support had diminished loads after the Fandi Ahmad era and that applies to me personally.
And I caught the match too, being tempted after hearing the cheers and jeers.

My first LIVE match, though not my personal favourite team but still its my country.
I must say when we scored, the unison in cheering and display of happiness was overwhelming.
Sports is amazing. Its ability to unite strangers of the same interest/goal.
Though I was quite put off by the rampant display of violent fan behaviour and the various crude gestures and jeers. (I'm actually guilty of that, oops)

All this fun and experience for a nifty 60 bucks.
It's all worth it :)
Can't wait to watch the finals on 16 Jan. Any takers?

3 Jan 2005 (Mon)

Yesterday was KTV day.
First stop was K-Box with Jane, with Jo joining us later and leaving earlier too.
Jane and I decided that our share of KTV goodness was not satisfying enough so at 730pm, after 5 hrs of singing, we checked out the rates at Kster.
Oh incidentally, we were at Lucky Chinatown where K-box is located on the 3rd storey and Kster on the 4th. So much for overcrowding.
And don't ask me why we chose to go Chinatown of all places for KTV-ing. (It's the cheapest lah)

Anyway the Kster staff were so friendly we got kinda scared.
And we discovered that the rates were cheaper, especially with this coupon offer that allows us to sing for 5 hours with no room charge, just the tidbits and drinks charge.

I so have to mention this guy.
He's prolly younger than us (maybe 16) and Jane claims he's like a younger version of Siberian. And he's very cute (which I actually do agree to a certain extent)
And guess what? *rolls eyes*
She had a teeny weeny crush on that guy. *rolls eyes again*
He was in the lift with us on our way to find dinner, and being the friendly Kster staff he is, he offered to give us more coupons. And Jane cheekily asked for 5. He assured us that the total bill would be less than 20 bucks.

So after settling dinner and making a rather perilous journey to buy snacks, we trodded back to Kster where we were greeted by the friendly staff again.
And I swear I saw that mini Siberian(let's call him MS for short) give a little grin. For what reasons, I don't know.

He brought us to our room, the platform tatami type that we the swa gu Kster first-timers marvelled about. And yeah we were so swa gu that we didn't know how to operate the system. Some funny incidences with MS.
Jane kept peering out whenever someone walked past. *rolls eyes*

And yeah we sang ourselves hoarse and cheeky MS came in with the bill, with the satisfied smile and proclamation that he was right about the bill totalling under 20 bucks.
We acted like a buncha fools trying to snap pictures in the room and waiting in vain for MS to take a picture for us.
In the end we said bye to him and hopped on to Jane uncle's cab back home.

Eventful day.
Jane claims he only talks to me and she seems quite jealous haha.
I got a kick out of seeing her overreacting.

I miss KTV! Jo, Jane and Carrie, we must go again soon!


essentials
"ankh"
259 month old virgo
1 22 N, 103 48 E
The current mood of ankh at www.imood.com

Contact:email


wish list
money
meet jay&chaw
good luck
happiness :)
lose weight
good results
golden retriever
travel round the world

Fellow Bloggers
Alex: aka "wonder face lex"
Chin Swee: cool and curly?
Christine: jcnet friend
Chun Jing: our future dentist
Eleanor: the seductress *woot*
Jane: my lookalike
Joann: the yellow duck
Karmene: my mini grandma
Leeloo: the independent woman
MeiJun: the daydreamer
Sheena : faithful worshipper
SzeMan: the skinny one
XiaoQing: the blur blur one


digital memories
my album I (older)
my album II (newer)
Memories with 208 I
Memorie s with 208 II
Memori es with 208 III
Memori es with 208 IV
Memori es with 208 V


archives
January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
December 2007

links out
Google
Orisinal
Friendster
animesuki
JCNET
GFC Forum


thanks
blogger
D.co
photobucket
webshots


previous
| |
| |
| |
|



Powered by Blogger